One of my New Year traditions is to hang the new calendars around the house.
For my kitchen, I went for a culinary calendar from Éditions du Désastre. The recipes and pictures should inspire me to try new recipes and food presentations all over the year. Amongst the French cooking recipes on my calendar, here are my suggestions for the next time you are having guests over:
- Salmon tartare with herb sauce
- Onion soup au gratin to keep you warm on a winter day
- Cherry Clafoutis
- Beef with shallots
- Lyon-style Leg of Lamb
- Roquefort and pepper Rostis as an appetizer
- Tarte Tatin, a classic recipe that can be bake as individual crème brulée dishes
- Provencal-style tart with tomatoes and anchovies, perfect for a casual outdoor dinner on Sunday
- Carpaccio of scallops in oyster sauce
Looking at these delicious recipes makes me hungry; we did not eat dinner yet. But I am lucky that my husband is cooking us a pasta dish right now. Tomorrow, I will go back to my usual blogging schedule.
Learn more: Calendrier 30×30 Saisons de la table 2008 par Éditions du Désastre
ArthurJanuary 2, 2008 at 11:18
Bonne Annee a toi et Monsieur Jerome!
jennJanuary 2, 2008 at 12:33
Mmm..what a great calendar. Every New Year we’re bombarded with calendars and end up giving 99% of them away to friends/family. haha… But never have we recieved a food one 🙂