When I saw this on TV this morning, I was in awe! This is the simplest idea to impress your guests at your next dinner party
How to make fancy After Eight Chocolate in 7 steps
Christian Escribà demonstrated for a TV5 show called Mixeur. The recipe is an idea from the cooking genius, Chef Ferran Adrià of El Bulli. I took pictures from my TV, which explained the lower image quality.
- You start with fresh mint leaves.
- Deposit the leaves on a waxed paper sheet in a cookie tray.
- Pour hot chocolate on each leave – my choice would be dark chocolate
- With a spatula, spread the melted chocolate to create a layer
- Deposit in the fridge for cooling down
- Carefully turn and remove the paper
- Use a dessert tongs to place them in a serving plate
With a recipe so simple there are no reason why not to serve homemade mignardises after your meal.
After Eight Wedding Cake
If you like the idea, you can order from Pasteleria Escribà the After Eight wedding cake where white chocolate suits better the occasion.
If you understand French, you can watch online the episode 5 of Mixeur with La famille Escriba, Philippe Starck and more.