Wow! A recipe that unites two of my favorite flavors: chocolate and Matcha tea. I am pleased that Kusmi Tea has accepted that I shared the recipe on my blog. I was surprise to see that it is not complicated to make your own choco-matcha truffles. You could serve them as mignardises at the end of a dinner party or bring those as the perfect hostess gift.
Choco-Matcha Truffle Recipe
Recipe by Kusmi Tea, which operates a boutique on Saint-Denis Street in Montreal.
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 5/8 cups 35% cream
- 3/4 – 1 lb 70% Guanaja chocolate
- 3 tbsp. Matcha powder tea (powder for cooking)
- Boil cream and honey.
- Finely chop the chocolate and put the pieces in a bowl.
- Pass the sweeten cream through a sieve, pouring over chocolate.
- Whisk thoroughly until you get a smooth texture.
- Refrigerate until the mixture hardens.
- Make small balls with mixture. Aim for 2 cm (3/4 in) in diameter.
- Roll the balls in the Matcha powder and completely cover each truffle.
You could eat that with one of the delicious teas from Kusmi Tea. Click here for their online boutique that serves Canada and the United States.
bicocacolorsMarch 4, 2011 at 14:37
I just found a treasure!!!
thanks for sharing and greetings from Spain