Thanks to Liberty Post, I visited the video section of Canadian House & Home Magazine.
One food video caught my attention. It shows the multiple usages for a simple sushi ginger dressing. You can use it to marinate firm fish, to enhance the taste of a BBQ salmon or as vinaigrette.
There are a few cooking tricks to know. What is practical is that the video explains the dos and the don’ts. Watch the Sushi-Ginger Dressing video to learn how to create a tasty dish in a few minutes.
More recipes for entertaining
Since many of you are without the September 2007 issue of Canadian House & Home, I took the liberty of publishing the recipe. The magazine edition showcased finger food recipes. Three that I recommend for entertaining are the Gingery Asian Nachos, the Ricotta Pancakes with Smoked Salmon Gremolata and the Spiced Lamb Meatballs in Saffron Almond Sauce.
If you like Canadian House & Home, you can subscribe to a print subscription, a digital only edition or the print and digital version. Having access all the time to the digital version is handy. As a bonus if you opt for the print and digital subscription, you will get access to the September 2007 issue. And the digital edition arrives before the print magazine is delivered in my mail box.
Sushi-Ginger Dressing by Food Editor Jennifer Low
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 stalks green onion, white parts only
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped sushi ginger
- 2 Tsp mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- 1/4 Tsp dried thyme (or ½ teaspoon of finely chopped fresh thyme)
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp canola or corn oil (or any mild vegetable oil)
How to prepare:
- Make all ingredients except the vegetable oil in a small food processor and purée.
- Stir in manually the vegetable oil. IMPORTANT: At this stage, do not use the food processor because you will produce a creamy texture and we do not want that.
Watch: Sushi-Ginger Dressing video on Canadian House & Home
Buy online the back issue: Canadian House & Home, September 2007 edition – Recipe by Food Editor Jennifer Low
Liberty PostNovember 19, 2007 at 13:35
Thank you so much for the mention in this post! Wow! Also, I never knew that there was a digital edition. This is an excellent tip for bloggers everywhere.
At Home with kim valleeNovember 19, 2007 at 14:41
Liberty Post: It is a great exchange, you introduced me to the video section.