We need a bunch of flower vases to accommodate various blooms and update our décor. With a lot of affordable vases on the market, it is a cheap way to decorate.
Look for contemporary metallic finishes and high-gloss silvery ceramic vases to instantly add sparkles to any room. Go for the cluster design by arranging them in duo or trio anytime you wish to host a glamorous party.
I split my list into two categories, the high vases (higher than 12 inches) and the standard height vases.
- HAVTORN FÄRM – price: 24 inches at $24.99 USD, 35 inches at $39.99 at IKEA
- Twist Silver Porcelain Vase, 19 inches – price: $39.99 USD at Target
- Transcend Titanium Porcelain Vase – price: 14 inches at $29.99 USD, 18 inches at $39.99 USD at Target
Standard Height Flower Vases
I like to display a grouping of identical or almost identical flower vases. I usually vary one element per grouping. The FÄRM series is a great example of that design principle.
The vases of the FÄRM series share the exact shape and color; it is the texture that brings out the individual character. You could assemble your own collection from finds at flee markets or by buying the latest trend from different brands.
- FÄRM – price: $1.99 USD each at IKEA
- BLOMSTER in assorted colors – price: $9.99 USD at IKEA
- Wave Titanium Porcelain Vase, 12 inches – price: $34.99 USD
- Sash Porcelain Vases Collection – price: 9 inches for $19.99 USD, 12 inches for $24.99, 16 inches for $29.99
If you are unsure about how to arrange your cut flowers, bring your vase with you at the florist. If you cannot bring the vases with you, take a digital photo with your phone. This way, you will get a killer look.
Check out more ideas on Style Sheet.
JennAugust 31, 2008 at 10:23
i believe it’s time to visit ikea again! only if we had target in canada!
At Home with Kim ValleeAugust 31, 2008 at 14:04
Jenn: I wish for Target stores in Canada too. They carry cool design stuff at an affordable price. For a start, TO will get its Crate & Barrel.