I’m open to collaborate with non-profit organizations, researchers, educators, communities and businesses on a project, on a workshop, for raising awareness or for speaking engagements regarding:
- 21st century skills,
- coding and computational thinking,
- digital storytelling,
- maker education,
- design thinking in education,
- project based learning, and
- non-formal STEM education for kids aged 5 to 12.
LITTLE FACTS ABOUT ME
- Established a reputation as an innovator;
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in actuarial mathematics;
- Wrote user manuals, provided tech support and trained employees on how to use a pension plan administration software in my first job in IT. Since then, educating people has always been a part of my job;
- After working in the tech industry for 25 years, I decided to put my skills and knowledge to use for the benefits of children instead of businesses. I became a mom on a mission.
- Bilingual: French (mother tongue) and English;
- Wrote columns for Alliance Atlantis, Canwest (Food Network, HGTV), the Toronto Star, Astral Media (Canal Vie), Montréal en Santé;
- Worked with agencies and brands to judge competitions, to raise awareness, and to provide actionable knowledge since 2007.
Current topics are innovative teaching approaches, 21st century skills, hands-on learning and STEM education outside the school system.
My past talks at conferences were about the future of, the trends that are worthy of your attention and innovative practices regarding content (strategy, production, distribution), digital and social media, use of technology, ecommerce, and PR relations. I pioneered talks about how women reshape the Web at Canadian editions of PodCamp and WordCamp.
Contact me at kim (AT) kimvallee (DOT) com or give me a call at +1 514.800.7115 to discuss how we can work together.