If you live in Montreal, you probably know that the city approved 9 locations where street food vendors will be allowed to sell their creative food-to-go. The 9 food truck spots are located in the Ville-Marie borough. They are:
- Mount Royal, at the Chalet lookout – two spaces
- Mount Royal Park, near the George-Étienne Cartier statue - two spaces
- Place Émilie-Gamelin - three spaces
- McTavish Street, near McGill University - one space
- Victoria Street, next to the McCord Museum - one space
- Place du Canada – two spaces
- Square Victoria - two spaces
- Peel Street, near ETS, between Notre-Dame and Saint-Jacques Streets - two spaces
- Cité du Multimédia - two spaces
You can see where the food truck locations are on this Google Map prepared by The Gazette.
View Food truck sites in Montreal, Summer 2013 in a larger map
Again this year, street food will be at Olympic Park the first Friday of every month. The food trucks will be parked at The Esplanade of the Olympic Park. After 6 decades without street food other that at festivals, it is great to have them back in the city. Let’s encourage the vendors.