I have a confession to make. I don’t plan ahead what I will make for dinner. Because I am looking at ways for finding time, I would like to change my routine. After all, planning ahead your meals would reduce my shopping time.
As a first step to change my behaviour, I decided to chronicle what we ate every week. At least, I could save time by referring to my meal planner when comes the time to decide what’s for dinner. Plus, I could monitor more carefully what we ate. Here is what I cooked or ordered in for dinner last week.
- Monday: Chicken Pilaf rice. I used leftover roasted chicken from last Saturday night.
- Tuesday: Dijon grilled steelhead trout served with grilled asparagus and rice. This is a classic meal at my home.
- Wednesday: Linguine puttanesca (home made sauce)
- Thursday: Vegetarian (fresh, big pieces of vegetables), extra ham pizza and a green salad (Boston lettuce, red cabbage, carrots and tomatoes) with a sweet vinaigrette. Take-out from a neighbourhood Italian restaurant
- Friday: Chinese fondue. Meat: beef. Vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower and Mushrooms
- Saturday: Miso soup. Edamame. Sashimi and sushi. Take-out
- Sunday: We were short on time. Spaghetti with a portobello sauce (store-bought sauce).
Do you plan your meal weekly? If so, what do you eat on an average week at your home?