Two weeks ago, I went to the media event for the launch of a beautiful terrace where you can sip tasty cocktails and eat tapas on the north patio of the Montreal Botanical Garden restaurant. There is no need to visit the Botanical Garden since it sits on a public access of the Garden. Cocktail time at the Garden happens from 4 to 8 P.M. from Thursday to Sunday during summer. On Friday and Saturday, live jazz performances starts at 5:30 P.M.
The tapas were delicious. Their tapas menu is 5 plates served with crispy seaweed. Each plate is composed of 3 appetizers. You can bring the kids since they have a nice selection of alcohol-free garden cocktails including a virgin strawberry martini and a virgin blueberry martini. We could taste 5 of their 13 botanical cocktails. My favorite one was the Ornamental Vegetable Garden. I like it so much that I asked for the recipe.
Ornamental Vegetable Garden Cocktail
recipe by the Montreal Botanical Garden restaurant
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 6 cucumbers
- 1g mint leaves
- 0.5 oz. of sugar cane syrup (simple syrup)
- 0.25 oz. of fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 oz. of Triple Sec
- Ice cubes
- Mini cucumbers as garnish
- Muddle on a shaker the mint and cucumbers.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar cane syrup, vodka and Triple Sec. Add 5-6 ice cubes. Shake for 10 seconds.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a half piece of mini cucumber cut on the side.
+ Cocktail time at the Garden at the terrace of the Montreal Botanical Garden restaurant