Here are 5 tequila drinks that you can prepare to celebrate Cinco de Mayo:
- A Paloma which mixes silver tequila with grapefruit juice, sugar, club soda
- An El Diablo which mixes a 100% Blue Agave tequila with cranberry juice, freshly squeezed lime juice, simple syrup and a dash of ginger ale
- The classic Tequila Sunrise that is super simple to make
- Or go for the Mexican Flag drink. This drink comes in three shot glasses: a shot glass of fresh lime juice, a shot glass of premium tequila and a shot glass of sangrita. In fact, a sangrita is always served with a shot of tequila. The idea is that you alternately sip into the shot glasses, instead of chasing them. Therefore, you could technically say that the Mexican Flag drink is a sangrita plus a shot of lime juice. Get another sangrita recipe.
- For the margarita lovers, I shared my tips on how to prepare the perfect margarita.