If you want to learn and see what is hot or not in home decor, stop by the Toronto Interior Design Show (IDS 08) that will start tomorrow. The general public can assist Saturday February 23, 2008 from 10 AM to 7 PM and Sunday from 10 AM to 6 PM.
I am planning to visit on Saturday. Admission is $16 if purchase in advance or $18 at the door for adults. Saturday’s schedule features:
- International Design stars on the KRUPS Stage
- Seminars on all things design
- The IDS Workshops are new this year:
- Saturday’s workshop will be DESIGN & DECORATING TRENDWATCHING by Cobi Ladner, Editor at Canadian House & Home magazine and Mark Challen, Vice-President Communications also from the magazine. Unfortunately, the 100 places are sold out.
- There are some places left for the LIVING WITH A COMMITMENT TO GREEN workshop on Sunday.
- What’s Your Design Dilemma? This is your chance for a free 15 min. consultation with one of ARIDO’s registered interior designers. Appointments are on a first-come first-served basis and arranged upon visiting the ARIDO booth (1617).
Make sure you visit the AfriCharisma booth to see and touch the remarkable rock and scatter cushions and pebble carpets by South African Designer, Ronel Jordaan. I saw them last spring at the SIDIM and her felt cushions made to look alike rocks are divine. The cushions and carpets are handmade with no sewing (therefore no seams). Each one is unique.
In the meantime, you can follow the recent developments on the IDSblog. For my part, I reserve my words after my visit of the show. So come back Sunday for my scoops.