I promised you a Holiday craft project to decorate your front store. Watch my video for clues on how to make your own bunch of baubles. This was based on a concept featured on the December 2007 issue of Living etc.
More tips on how to craft your own hanging baubles composition
- It seems natural that everything hangs from a central point. First, I clustered a few large and small baubles on top of my middle ornament. Before your begin, make sure your central ornament has a ribbon long enough to hang all the groups.
- This design called for a tight composition. Small baubles work wonderfully as fillers.
- I like to play with the contrasts in dimensions, shapes and shines.
- Even if I went for an almost monochromatic red and pink combination, the festive look was achieved with the addition of punch colors. Orange and green balls cheered up my composition.
- Ask someone to hold the baubles while you are building your creation. Otherwise, use a towel bar or a clothes hanger to hold it in place while you are assembling.
- Fishing lines were used for crowding together balls with the traditional hook and to place the ornament bunches at different heights.
- I braided satin ribbons to make a silky rope. Another option is a fancy cord available at any great textile store.
Like I said on my video, be crafty and welcome your guests in style this Holiday.