I wish to share one moment of success with you. The columnist Marie-Julie Gagnon interviewed a few event designers and planners from the Montreal area. The subject was How to host a glam Christmas in 10 steps?
Her 3-page article is published on the December 2007 issue of Clin D’Oeil, the premier Fashion & Beauty magazine in Quebec. I feel honored to be featured alongside a talented group. Everyone has excellent tips to share.
Basically, my tips can be summarized like this:
- More than a theme, you should try to recreate the Magical ambiance of Christmas
- If you wish to use traditional colors why not use different tints like a lime instead of the Christmas green?
- For the fashionista, why not use the trendy colors like Purple, Aubergine, Sage and Charcoal?
- The perfect Christmas cocktail is my signature Surubaotini, a raspberry martini
- Games let people of different ages socialize more. Play Wii Sports to burn some calories. The game come bundled with the Nintendo Wii console. What is incredible with the Wii is that people who never play video games before cannot stop playing. The Wii is always a hit at parties.
- For movie fans, a sure bet is Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action for the Xbox 360 console. The game is shipped with four wireless Big Button Pads, so each player has his or her own buzzer. People that played the game so far enjoy it a lot, including the columnist Marie-Julie Gagnon.
There is no need to buy the consoles right away. Video rental stores rent the consoles and the games. Beware that after you play the Wii once with friends, I predict you will want your own.
Nintendo still cannot supply enough Wii one year after its launch. If you live in the United States, good luck to find a Wii without extra games that bring up the price. In Canada, you can buy the console without extras but the stocks are low. It would be wise to reserve one as soon as possible if you wish to have one by Christmas.
Tips on how to host a Wii party from Nintendo
Nintendo Canada Web site provides useful tips on How to plan a Wii friendly gathering. You get recipes for food and drinks when reading Host to host a dinner & Wii party. I suggest that you create the Mii of every player in advance. This way you have more time to play. There are Wii invitation themes on Evite.
If you or someone you know read French, Marie-Julie Gagnon has a beautiful book called Cartes postales d’Asie that would make a beautiful Christmas gift.
December 14th, 2007 Update: If you wish to read the story online, visit Canoe.ca.
Learn more: Web site of Clin d’Oeil
For Canadians: Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports at Future Shop – price: $269.99 CAD
Buy online: Cartes postales d’Asie de Marie-Julie Gagnon on Amazon.ca – price:$19 CAD